Son of Nor – The World Is Your Weapon.Enter the desert world of Noshrac. A harsh desert world where humankind is at the brink of extinction. You are a Son of Nor, a human mage with telekinetic powers and the ability to control natural elements. A mage trained to defend what is left of your race after the Great War with the Sarahul Empire. Solve puzzles, venture through long forgotten temples, terraform the desert and fight in challenging battles alongside your friends in this single player and co-op fantasy action adventure. Get Son of Nor »
- Title: Son of Nor
- Genre: Action Adventure
- Platform: PC / Mac / Linux
- Supports: Tobii EyeX / Oculus Rift / emotiv EPOC
- Multiplayer: up to 4 coop (network + splitscreen options)
- Release: March 31st, 2015. Available on Steam now.
Son of Nor is being developed by stillalive studios.
The World Is Your Weapon
- Cleverly defeat enemies using terraforming and telekinesis powers.
- Use your powers to solve intriguing environmental puzzles.
- Raise and lower sand to excavate secret passages, block entrances, create barricades or reach elevated places to gain tactical advantage.
- Move and throw objects to prepare traps, use the environment intelligently.
- Or go haywire and just bury entire buildings.
Combine Powerful Spells
- Combine different magical elements to create exciting spell combinations.
- Let your friends combine their magic with your spell for more firepower.
- Use spells and their combinations strategically to find weaknesses of various enemy types.
- Spells also naturally interact with the environment (i.e. fire thrown on sand produces glass). These interactions are a key element to solve environmental puzzles.
- Play with up to 3 friends online or splitscreen in various combinations: 2 players online + 2 player splitscreen, 2 players splitscreen on one machine + 2 players splitscreen on another machine etc. All combinations possible.
- Defeat enemies as well as powerful bosses alone or in a team. The Sons of Nor are known for brains over brawn.
- Change between Wind, Fire, and Essence Magic to advance through numerous challenges.
Open our YouTube Channel for more videos.
As a young game development company, we are fascinated by and excited about technology that would not have been possible only two years ago. Son of Nor’s game concept begs for exciting new ways that the game be played. Telekinesis, magic, superpowers. Let’s look at the devices Son of Nor will support.
Look At Me
Son of Nor will be among the first games that officially supports their upcoming eye-tracking sensor bar! Imagine only having to look at the spot you want to terraform. Don’t move your mouse to pick up a rock, just look at it. What could a game with superpowers like telekinesis, terraforming and magic wish for if not devices that let the players feel and experience that magic, too?
Gamers are excited when they can immerse themselves more into the game world they love. The virtual reality helmet Oculus Rift allows players to experience 360° of the game world. Head tracking means that no matter where players turn their heads, the view in the game follows, creating a strong sense of being where the action takes place.
This sounds like total science-fiction, but for medicinal purposes these hardware devices exist. People that cannot move their arms and legs are able to use computers or navigate the streets with their wheel chair with their thoughts. As these devices get more broadly available this is a great fit for Son of Nor. Train the device with your thinking pattern and then cast spells and lift rocks only with the power of your mind. This really gets as close to magic as it is currently possible!
Press & Achievements
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- Jace Hall Show
- FM4 ORF
- 20 Minuten
- and many, many more
- 2014: Son of Nor won the Game of the Year title at the Futurezone Award.
- 2014: Son of Nor was a nominee for the German Developer Prize (Deutscher Entwicklerpreis)
- 2014: Son of Nor was a Content Award finalist.
- 2013: Son of Nor was a finalist at the Subotron live pitch event.
- 2012: Son of Nor won 2nd best project at Devmania 2012.
- 2012: stillalive studios won the IT special prize at the adventure X business plan competition, Tyrol, Austria.
- 2012: stillalive studios were awarded 3rd place in the interdisciplinary CAST Award, Tyrol, Austria.